PSY's 'Gangnam Style' reaches 1B views on YouTube
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- South Korean rapper PSY has reached a new milestone with his hit song "Gangnam Style." The video has reached 1 billion views on YouTube.
It's the first time any video clip has hit that mark on the streaming service, which is owned by Google Inc.
The video has been available on YouTube since July 15. Since then, it has averaged more than 200 million views per month.
Justin Bieber's video for his hit "Baby" held the previous YouTube record at more than 800 million views.
Earlier this month, "Gangnam Style" was the second highest trending search of the year on Google. The top search was Whitney Houston, who passed away in February.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
music news, celebrity, entertainment
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 6 min ago
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks