PSY's 'Gangnam Style' reaches 1B views on YouTube
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- South Korean rapper PSY has reached a new milestone with his hit song "Gangnam Style." The video has reached 1 billion views on YouTube.
It's the first time any video clip has hit that mark on the streaming service, which is owned by Google Inc.
The video has been available on YouTube since July 15. Since then, it has averaged more than 200 million views per month.
Justin Bieber's video for his hit "Baby" held the previous YouTube record at more than 800 million views.
Earlier this month, "Gangnam Style" was the second highest trending search of the year on Google. The top search was Whitney Houston, who passed away in February.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
music news, celebrity, entertainment
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled 33 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis