Rihanna donates $1.75M to Barbados hospital
BRIDGETOWN, Barbados (KABC) -- Pop star Rihanna delivered an early Christmas present to her Caribbean homeland of Barbados.
She donated $1.75 million to Queen Elizabeth Hospital during a ceremony Saturday. The money will be used to buy three pieces of medical equipment.
The hospital's radiotherapy unit has been renamed the Clara Braithwaite Center for Oncology and Nuclear Medicine in honor of Rihanna's grandmother, who died in June.
Rihanna says this is her way of giving back to Barbados.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, charity, entertainment
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 12 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School 17 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video