Rihanna donates $1.75M to Barbados hospital
BRIDGETOWN, Barbados (KABC) -- Pop star Rihanna delivered an early Christmas present to her Caribbean homeland of Barbados.
She donated $1.75 million to Queen Elizabeth Hospital during a ceremony Saturday. The money will be used to buy three pieces of medical equipment.
The hospital's radiotherapy unit has been renamed the Clara Braithwaite Center for Oncology and Nuclear Medicine in honor of Rihanna's grandmother, who died in June.
Rihanna says this is her way of giving back to Barbados.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, charity, entertainment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut