Most charitable celebrity 2012: Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus lead list
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Singer-songwriter Taylor Swift not only spent a good part of the year at the top of the record charts, she has also been named the most charitable star of 2012.
DoSomething.org came up with the list. Among her many charitable efforts, Swift was recognized for donating $4 million to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum.
Taking the No. 2 spot was another young singer, Miley Cyrus. She was honored for her promotion of Saving SPOT! Rescue, a non-profit organization dedicated to finding a home for dogs from high-kill shelters, along with raising awareness for other charitable organizations, such as Save the Music Foundation and the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Rounding out the top five were Channing Tatum for raising millions for The Rainforest Foundation, Lady Gaga for starting her Born This Way Foundation and Justin Bieber for the Believe Charity Drive and Pencils of Promise.
celebrity, charity, entertainment
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks