Kanye West, Kim Kardashian expecting baby
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (KABC) -- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian are expecting their first child.
The controversial rapper made the life-changing announcement Sunday during a concert in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
He told the crowd of more than 5,000 at Revel Resort's Ovation Hall in song form: "Now you having my baby." West then asked concertgoers to congratulate his "baby mom".
Kim Kardashian has since confirmed the news.
It's true," the 32-year-old reality TV star said in a statement on her site Monday. "Kanye and I are expecting a baby. We feel so blessed and lucky and wish that in addition to both of our families, his mom and my dad could be here to celebrate this special time with us."
Several members of the Kardashian clan have since tweeted about the baby news.
"Im a happy girl !!!!!!!!! Wowza! Oh BABY BABY BABY!!" Kim's mom Kris Jenner tweeted.
"Keeping secrets is hard with so many family members! Especially when you are so freaking excited!!!!! Love is everything!!!!" Khloe Kardashian tweeted.
"Been wanting to shout from the rooftops with joy and now I can! Another angel to welcome to our family. Overwhelmed with excitement!" Kourtney Kardashian tweeted.
The rapper and Kim Kardashian went public with their relationship in March. The reality star's divorce to NBA player Kris Humphries is still not finalized.
Kim is reportedly about 12 weeks pregnant.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis