Helen Mirren receives Hollywood Walk of Fame star
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Helen Mirren received the year's first star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Thursday.
The multi-award winning actress was honored with star No. 2,488 at 6714 Hollywood Blvd. in front of the Pig N' Whistle pub.
Mirren has received international recognition for her work on stage, screen and television. Her biggest role has been as Queen Elizabeth II in the 2006 film "The Queen."
She has won Oscar, Golden Globe, SAG and BAFTA awards for best actress.
Mirren currently stars the film "Hitchcock," in which she portrays Alfred Hitchcock's wife, Alma, in a role that has brought her nominations for Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild awards.
City News Service contributed to this report.
celebrity, hollywood, entertainment
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- LA family seeks justice after deputy shooting
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard 40 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 57 min ago
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'