Helen Mirren receives Hollywood Walk of Fame star
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Helen Mirren received the year's first star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Thursday.
The multi-award winning actress was honored with star No. 2,488 at 6714 Hollywood Blvd. in front of the Pig N' Whistle pub.
Mirren has received international recognition for her work on stage, screen and television. Her biggest role has been as Queen Elizabeth II in the 2006 film "The Queen."
She has won Oscar, Golden Globe, SAG and BAFTA awards for best actress.
Mirren currently stars the film "Hitchcock," in which she portrays Alfred Hitchcock's wife, Alma, in a role that has brought her nominations for Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild awards.
City News Service contributed to this report.
celebrity, hollywood, entertainment
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis