Helen Mirren receives Hollywood Walk of Fame star
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Helen Mirren received the year's first star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Thursday.
The multi-award winning actress was honored with star No. 2,488 at 6714 Hollywood Blvd. in front of the Pig N' Whistle pub.
Mirren has received international recognition for her work on stage, screen and television. Her biggest role has been as Queen Elizabeth II in the 2006 film "The Queen."
She has won Oscar, Golden Globe, SAG and BAFTA awards for best actress.
Mirren currently stars the film "Hitchcock," in which she portrays Alfred Hitchcock's wife, Alma, in a role that has brought her nominations for Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild awards.
City News Service contributed to this report.
celebrity, hollywood, entertainment
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia not sure which way jet was headed 9 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video 44 min ago
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects 29 min ago
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building 32 min ago
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book