Dempsey beats Starbucks in bid for Tully's Coffee
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- He's probably best known as TV's "Doctor McDreamy."
But actor Patrick Dempsey is also part of a company that just won a bid to buy Tully's Coffee.
Dempsey's investment group won preliminary approval over several other bidders, including Starbucks, to buy the Seattle based coffee chain for $9.1 million.
The actor visited several stores Friday to meet employees, customers, and fans.
While the sale isn't official yet, Dempsey is already talking like a proud owner.
"As far as our employees, they need to have a morale boost," Dempsey said."They need to have confidence. I need to get to know them. I need to get to know the community and I need to spend a lot more time here. I really like it here," he said. "I like waking up in this town."
A judge is expected to sign off on the Tully's deal on Friday.
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots 22 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio 47 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report