Dempsey beats Starbucks in bid for Tully's Coffee
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- He's probably best known as TV's "Doctor McDreamy."
But actor Patrick Dempsey is also part of a company that just won a bid to buy Tully's Coffee.
Dempsey's investment group won preliminary approval over several other bidders, including Starbucks, to buy the Seattle based coffee chain for $9.1 million.
The actor visited several stores Friday to meet employees, customers, and fans.
While the sale isn't official yet, Dempsey is already talking like a proud owner.
"As far as our employees, they need to have a morale boost," Dempsey said."They need to have confidence. I need to get to know them. I need to get to know the community and I need to spend a lot more time here. I really like it here," he said. "I like waking up in this town."
A judge is expected to sign off on the Tully's deal on Friday.
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- LAPD officers to wear body cameras downtown 4 min ago
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- 3-yr-old recovering after 5-organ transplant
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present