Kim Kardashian's baby is Kris Humphries, Calif. law says
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Kanye West is not the father of Kim Kardashian's baby, at least not according to the state of California.Thanks to a bizarre law, the state officially considers NBA star Kris Humphries as the father since the former couple is still legally married.
Kardashian filed for divorce in October 2011 after 72 days of marriage, but her split to Humphries isn't official yet.
Under California's Family Code, a man is presumed to be the natural father of a child if he is or has been married to the mother and the baby is born during marriage or within 300 days of it ending.
Kanye West announced Kardashian's pregnancy earlier this week during a concert in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The rapper asked concertgoers to congratulate his "baby mom."
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget deal
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- $50K reward announced in murder of 7-year-old
- Man burns to death, may have been stealing gas
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- abcnews: Alleged cow abuse at DiGiorno supplier
- US Navy sailor surprises family on ABC comedy
- Gabor Xmas party to go on amid spending fight
- OTRC: Kate Winslet, Ned RocknRoll welcome baby