Katt Williams arrested in LA after skipping court hearing in Sacramento
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Katt Williams was arrested Tuesday in Los Angeles after a judge issued a bench warrant.
The 41-year-old comedian, whose real name is Micah Sierra Williams, had failed to show up for his arraignment in Sacramento on Monday. His bail was set at $100,500. The appearance stems from a pursuit he was involved in with Sacramento police in November.
California Highway Patrol officers say Williams failed to stop after he was spotted driving on a three-wheeled motorcycle outside a Sacramento hotel. Officials say Williams nearly hit five people during the chase.
Last month, Williams was taken into custody in Dunnigan, Calif., for evading arrest in connection to the chase. He bailed out the next day.
celebrity, arrest, entertainment
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker 14 min ago
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 43 min ago
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis 37 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
32 min ago