Katt Williams arrested in LA after skipping court hearing in Sacramento
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Katt Williams was arrested Tuesday in Los Angeles after a judge issued a bench warrant.
The 41-year-old comedian, whose real name is Micah Sierra Williams, had failed to show up for his arraignment in Sacramento on Monday. His bail was set at $100,500. The appearance stems from a pursuit he was involved in with Sacramento police in November.
California Highway Patrol officers say Williams failed to stop after he was spotted driving on a three-wheeled motorcycle outside a Sacramento hotel. Officials say Williams nearly hit five people during the chase.
Last month, Williams was taken into custody in Dunnigan, Calif., for evading arrest in connection to the chase. He bailed out the next day.
celebrity, arrest, entertainment
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- East LA chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: Shailene Woodley part cut from 'Spider-Man 2'