Katt Williams arrested in LA after skipping court hearing in Sacramento
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Katt Williams was arrested Tuesday in Los Angeles after a judge issued a bench warrant.
The 41-year-old comedian, whose real name is Micah Sierra Williams, had failed to show up for his arraignment in Sacramento on Monday. His bail was set at $100,500. The appearance stems from a pursuit he was involved in with Sacramento police in November.
California Highway Patrol officers say Williams failed to stop after he was spotted driving on a three-wheeled motorcycle outside a Sacramento hotel. Officials say Williams nearly hit five people during the chase.
Last month, Williams was taken into custody in Dunnigan, Calif., for evading arrest in connection to the chase. He bailed out the next day.
celebrity, arrest, entertainment
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months