Destiny's Child to reunite at Super Bowl
NEW YORK (KABC) -- The Super Bowl halftime show just got a little more "bootylicious" with news of a Destiny's Child reunion.
According to US Weekly, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams will join Beyonce during the Feb. 3 event.
This will be the first time Destiny's Child has performed together since 2006.
The group is expected to sing a medley of hits and end with a brand new song called, "Nuclear." It's their first original material in more than eight years. The song was produced by Pharrell, who co-wrote the song with Williams.
"Nuclear" will appear on the group's new compilation album called, "Love Songs," out Jan. 29. The album features 13 previously released Destiny Child's ballads, including the hits "Emotion" and "Cater 2 U."
Destiny's Child released its self-titled debut in 1998 with a fourth member. The group's sophomore album, "The Writing's on the Wall," came a year later and garnered multiple hits, but the success also shook up the foursome and Destiny's Child became a trio.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
music news, celebrity, entertainment
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained 50 min ago
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal 12 min ago
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested 16 min ago
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)