Robin Roberts to make big announcement Monday
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Robin Roberts is set to make a big announcement Monday.
The 'Good Morning America' co-anchor recently took to Twitter to share good news with her viewers, meanwhile fueling speculation on her return.
"Happy Friday. Looking forward to sharing news of my recovery with you on Monday @GMA. Have a fantastic weekend! Blessings...X0," Roberts tweeted.
Roberts has remained in good spirits since undergoing rigorous chemotherapy treatments and a bone marrow transplant to treat myelodysplastic syndrome, a rare blood and bone marrow disease.
The 51-year-old's cheerful announcement comes after GMA's official Twitter account also tweeted, "We've got a special announcement coming from @RobinRoberts Monday on @GMA. Be sure to tune in!"
In a more revealing Facebook post, Roberts said she had received very encouraging news from her doctors. "They are extremely pleased with my recovery," Roberts wrote Wednesday. "I am getting stronger every day."
Roberts revealed her MDS diagnosis in June and has been on medical leave from GMA since the end of August. The co-anchor was reportedly diagnosed with the disease following complications for the breast cancer treatment she underwent five years ago. Roberts received a bone marrow transplant from her sister Sally in September. The five-minute procedure aired on GMA.
To the glee of many of her coworkers and viewers, the Emmy-Award winning anchor also teased her return to the GMA set was in the works Wedmesday.
"In the coming days on GMA we will give you details about my return", Roberts wrote. "I'm so excited! Thank you for your patience and continued prayers. 'All will be serene in 2012' XO."
Roberts is expected to appear on Good Morning America on Monday via a phone call, video, or live satellite feed.
celebrity, television, abc, entertainment
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks 29 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 11 min ago
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour