Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana to host Scientific and Technical Oscars
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Zoe Saldana and Chris Pine will host this year's Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' Scientific and Technical Awards.
Pine starred in "Star Trek" in 2009. He is slated to reprise his role as James Kirk in the sequel, "Star Trek Into Darkness," due out in May. Pine's other credits include "Rise of the Guardians," "People Like Us," "This Means War" and "Unstoppable."
Saldana co-starred with Pine on "Star Trek" and will reprise her role in the sequel as well. The actress' other credits include "Colombiana," "Avatar" and "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl."
The Scientific and Technical Awards is produced this year by David Friendly. Portions of it will be included in the Oscars.
The 2013 Oscars will take place on Feb. 24 at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center in Los Angeles and will air live on ABC7.
The nominees were announced Jan. 10. Oscar.com is inviting the public to play My Picks, an interactive and social Oscar ballot that allows users to pick who they think will win the Oscar in each award category.
Fans can see the nominees their Facebook friends have picked to win. During the Oscar telecast, users will be able to compete with their friends to see who made the most accurate picks. The My Picks experience will live on Oscar.com, the Oscars App, Facebook, ABCNews.com, OTRC.com and GMA.Yahoo.com. Play My Picks right now!
academy awards, award shows, celebrity, movie news, entertainment
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- LA family seeks justice after deputy shooting 28 min ago
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail 2 min ago
- Jefferson Park area stabbing suspect sought
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow 15 min ago
- Arkansas tornadoes injure 5, damage homes 9 min ago
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'