Fake 911 call sends cops to Tom Cruise's home
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- Tom Cruise is the latest celebrity victim of "swatting," which is when someone makes a fake 911 call and sends police to a home.
Police said they were called Thursday about an armed robbery in progress at the actor's Beverly Hills home.
Officers met private security there and determined there was no emergency. Cruise was not home. The case is being investigated as a false emergency report.
A juvenile was arrested last month for allegedly making "swatting" calls targeting Ashton Kutcher and Justin Bieber.
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 22 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
2 min ago