Manti Te'o slated for Katie Couric TV interview
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Manti Te'o will appear in his first television interview with Katie Couric since news broke of the fake girlfriend hoax.
"I will be doing the first on-camera interview with Manti Te'o & his parents - this Thursday on @KatieShow," Couric tweeted Sunday.
The Notre Dame football star and his parents claim they were victims in an Internet hoax in which a woman whom Te'o believed was his girlfriend died of leukemia. It was revealed Wednesday in a report from Deadspin.com that the woman never existed.
Since then, questions have swirled about whether the 2012 Heisman runner-up was in on the scam. He broke his silence Friday, maintaining his innocence in his first off-camera interview with ESPN's Jeremy Schaap.
"No. Never," Te'o said in the interview. "I wasn't faking it. I wasn't part of this."
Couric's interview with Te'o and his parents will air Thursday, Jan. 24 at 3 p.m. on ABC7.
ABC News contributed to this report.
fraud, unbelievable, abc, television, entertainment
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial 41 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 19 min ago
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment 45 min ago
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Video: Evangeline Lilly talks 'The Hobbit' film 3 min ago
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke