Beyonce, other celebs rub shoulders w/ politicos at inauguration
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- Beyonce's impressive rendition of the national anthem drew loud cheers from the audience Monday at President Barack Obama's inauguration.
The pop star and her music mogul husband, Jay-Z were just a few big celebrity names to rub elbows with politicos during Monday's ceremony.
James Taylor kicked off the musical performances with "America the Beautiful." Kelly Clarkson followed with "My Country 'Tis of Thee." Then came Beyonce's soulful take on the national anthem.
Along with the star studded musical performances, Hollywood was well represented in the audience as well. Katy Perry and John Mayer sat side-by-side, with Perry in an orange-striped coat and wide hat.
Actress Eva Longoria was seated on the platform outside the Capitol after making an appearance at a Kennedy Center performance Sunday night.
Former Boston Celtics great Bill Russell was in the crowd, too, along with actor Marlon Wayans.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
president barack obama, celebrity, music news, entertainment
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke