Beyonce, other celebs rub shoulders w/ politicos at inauguration
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- Beyonce's impressive rendition of the national anthem drew loud cheers from the audience Monday at President Barack Obama's inauguration.
The pop star and her music mogul husband, Jay-Z were just a few big celebrity names to rub elbows with politicos during Monday's ceremony.
James Taylor kicked off the musical performances with "America the Beautiful." Kelly Clarkson followed with "My Country 'Tis of Thee." Then came Beyonce's soulful take on the national anthem.
Along with the star studded musical performances, Hollywood was well represented in the audience as well. Katy Perry and John Mayer sat side-by-side, with Perry in an orange-striped coat and wide hat.
Actress Eva Longoria was seated on the platform outside the Capitol after making an appearance at a Kennedy Center performance Sunday night.
Former Boston Celtics great Bill Russell was in the crowd, too, along with actor Marlon Wayans.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
president barack obama, celebrity, music news, entertainment
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Newport Beach Little League suspension lifted
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels 9 min ago
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14