Original 'Batmobile' sells for $4.2 million at Arizona auction
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (KABC) -- The original "Batmobile" was the star of the show at a weekend classic-car auction in Scottsdale, Ariz. The distinctive hot rod sold for $4.2 million at auction.
It's the original 19-foot-long bubble-topped black custom car from the 1960s "Batman" television series.
There was no word on what the new owner intends to do with the Batmobile. The new owner chose to remain anonymous.
Two other cars, classic Ferrari roadsters from 1958 and 1960, took more than $8 million each at the show, but the Batmobile stole most of the weekend's attention.
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour