Original 'Batmobile' sells for $4.2 million at Arizona auction
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (KABC) -- The original "Batmobile" was the star of the show at a weekend classic-car auction in Scottsdale, Ariz. The distinctive hot rod sold for $4.2 million at auction.
It's the original 19-foot-long bubble-topped black custom car from the 1960s "Batman" television series.
There was no word on what the new owner intends to do with the Batmobile. The new owner chose to remain anonymous.
Two other cars, classic Ferrari roadsters from 1958 and 1960, took more than $8 million each at the show, but the Batmobile stole most of the weekend's attention.
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- LA sheriffs rescue stranded family of seven 8 min ago
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- NorCal beach parking fee fight gets heated
- Obama addresses Morehouse College graduates
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list