Original 'Batmobile' sells for $4.2 million at Arizona auction
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (KABC) -- The original "Batmobile" was the star of the show at a weekend classic-car auction in Scottsdale, Ariz. The distinctive hot rod sold for $4.2 million at auction.
It's the original 19-foot-long bubble-topped black custom car from the 1960s "Batman" television series.
There was no word on what the new owner intends to do with the Batmobile. The new owner chose to remain anonymous.
Two other cars, classic Ferrari roadsters from 1958 and 1960, took more than $8 million each at the show, but the Batmobile stole most of the weekend's attention.
- 405 South crash: 11 hurt in 8-vehicle pileup
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover
- Cold front moves across Southern California 45 min ago
- Baldwin Village fire likely sparked by candle
- Mom sought for abducting 3 kids in Palmdale
- Boy, 7, dies following Mid-City shooting
- Simi Valley neighbors found dead in front yards
- NY train engineer in 'daze' just before crash
- abcnews: 2 skydivers killed in AZ midair collision
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen
- USC football coach Sarkisian takes helm
- 'Curb Appeal' co-host killed in SF crash 59 min ago
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
45 min ago