Original 'Batmobile' sells for $4.2 million at Arizona auction
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (KABC) -- The original "Batmobile" was the star of the show at a weekend classic-car auction in Scottsdale, Ariz. The distinctive hot rod sold for $4.2 million at auction.
It's the original 19-foot-long bubble-topped black custom car from the 1960s "Batman" television series.
There was no word on what the new owner intends to do with the Batmobile. The new owner chose to remain anonymous.
Two other cars, classic Ferrari roadsters from 1958 and 1960, took more than $8 million each at the show, but the Batmobile stole most of the weekend's attention.
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report