Matt Damon 'hijacks' Jimmy Kimmel's ABC show
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- After being the butt of a long-running joke on ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" Matt Damon got sweet payback by taking over the late-night show.
The actor opened Thursday night's episode as a kidnapper who tied Kimmel to a chair with duct tape and gagged him with his own tie.
Kimmel has joked for years at the end of his show that he ran out of time to bring Damon on as a guest. On Thursday's episode, however, Kimmel was the silent one, watching from the back of the stage as Damon took over hosting duties.
Damon brought on one big-name guest after another, tormenting Kimmel. Guests included Robin Williams, Ben Affleck, Sheryl Crow, Nicole Kidman, Gary Oldman, Amy Adams, Reese Witherspoon and Demi Moore.
"I've been waiting for this moment for a long, long time," Damon said. "This is like when I lost my virginity, except this is going to last way longer than one second."
Damon's guest hosting stint comes at a key time for Kimmel. Earlier this month, ABC moved the show to 11:35 p.m. ET and PT after a decade of airing it a half hour later, putting him in direct competition with Jay Leno and David Letterman.
The sweetest revenge of all came near the end of the show, when Damon promised to ungag Kimmel in the show's final minutes.
"Wait," he said. "I'm sorry. We're out of time."
television, abc, celebrity, entertainment
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)