Chris Brown investigated after West Hollywood fight with Frank Ocean
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- Singer Chris Brown may be in hot water again for another alleged assault. This time, it was over a parking spot, and the alleged victim was fellow singer Frank Ocean.
Authorities responded to a call of six men fighting at Westlake Studios in the 7200 block of Santa Monica Boulevard in West Hollywood just before 8 p.m. Sunday. Witnesses told deputies that Brown and Ocean were involved in a scuffle over a parking space, which led to Brown punching Ocean.
After the brief fight, the two parties were separated. Steve Whitmore of the L.A. County Sheriff's Department said they are referring to Ocean as the victim in the altercation because he stuck around to talk to deputies. Brown and his group left before deputies arrived. No serious injuries were reported.
Brown, 23, has not commented publicly, but Ocean tweeted "got jumped by chris and a couple guys. lol. i only wish everest was there." Everest is Ocean's dog.
Ocean also tweeted, "cut my finger now I can't play w two hands at the grammys."
The sheriff's department said the investigation was ongoing, and investigators would contact Brown at a later time. Ocean said he did not want to press charges, according to deputies.
Brown is on probation for assaulting his then-girlfriend Rihanna in 2009. The two have since reconciled. Last June, Brown was injured after a fight with members of Drake's entourage at a New York night spot.
celebrity, fight, entertainment, robert holguin
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search 21 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Mom of wandering boys was supervised by CPS
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons