Barbra Streisand to perform at 2013 Oscars
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Barbra Streisand has a date with Oscar. The two-time Academy-Award winner will sing at the upcoming Oscars telecast next month.
She last sang on the show in 1977, the year she won the best original song award for "Evergreen," the love theme from "A Star is Born."
Oscar producers said in an evening that celebrates movies and music, how could the evening be complete without an icon like Streisand?
Streisand won her first Oscar for best actress in "Funny Girl" in 1968 and was nominated again in 1973 for lead role in "The Way We Were."
With the big night quickly approaching, play the My Picks game to choose who you think will win in each award category.
Have a smart phone or tablet? Download the free official Oscars app to get news and updates about the show. It's available for Apple, Android and Kindle devices.
The Oscars, hosted by Seth MacFarlane, will air live on ABC7 on Feb. 24.
celebrity, academy awards, award shows, entertainment
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college 8 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet 53 min ago
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters 3 min ago
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2