Barbra Streisand to perform at 2013 Oscars
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Barbra Streisand has a date with Oscar. The two-time Academy-Award winner will sing at the upcoming Oscars telecast next month.
She last sang on the show in 1977, the year she won the best original song award for "Evergreen," the love theme from "A Star is Born."
Oscar producers said in an evening that celebrates movies and music, how could the evening be complete without an icon like Streisand?
Streisand won her first Oscar for best actress in "Funny Girl" in 1968 and was nominated again in 1973 for lead role in "The Way We Were."
With the big night quickly approaching, play the My Picks game to choose who you think will win in each award category.
Have a smart phone or tablet? Download the free official Oscars app to get news and updates about the show. It's available for Apple, Android and Kindle devices.
The Oscars, hosted by Seth MacFarlane, will air live on ABC7 on Feb. 24.
celebrity, academy awards, award shows, entertainment
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video