Barbra Streisand to perform at 2013 Oscars
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Barbra Streisand has a date with Oscar. The two-time Academy-Award winner will sing at the upcoming Oscars telecast next month.
She last sang on the show in 1977, the year she won the best original song award for "Evergreen," the love theme from "A Star is Born."
Oscar producers said in an evening that celebrates movies and music, how could the evening be complete without an icon like Streisand?
Streisand won her first Oscar for best actress in "Funny Girl" in 1968 and was nominated again in 1973 for lead role in "The Way We Were."
With the big night quickly approaching, play the My Picks game to choose who you think will win in each award category.
Have a smart phone or tablet? Download the free official Oscars app to get news and updates about the show. It's available for Apple, Android and Kindle devices.
The Oscars, hosted by Seth MacFarlane, will air live on ABC7 on Feb. 24.
celebrity, academy awards, award shows, entertainment
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations 16 min ago
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- Jenny McCarthy engaged to Donnie Wahlberg
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break