Barbra Streisand to perform at 2013 Oscars
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Barbra Streisand has a date with Oscar. The two-time Academy-Award winner will sing at the upcoming Oscars telecast next month.
She last sang on the show in 1977, the year she won the best original song award for "Evergreen," the love theme from "A Star is Born."
Oscar producers said in an evening that celebrates movies and music, how could the evening be complete without an icon like Streisand?
Streisand won her first Oscar for best actress in "Funny Girl" in 1968 and was nominated again in 1973 for lead role in "The Way We Were."
With the big night quickly approaching, play the My Picks game to choose who you think will win in each award category.
Have a smart phone or tablet? Download the free official Oscars app to get news and updates about the show. It's available for Apple, Android and Kindle devices.
The Oscars, hosted by Seth MacFarlane, will air live on ABC7 on Feb. 24.
celebrity, academy awards, award shows, entertainment
- Tour bus rolls over on 15 Freeway in Corona 10 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 80+ hurt
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- 14 hospitalized in Riverside County bus crash
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game 24 min ago
- Honda tops IIHS list of safest new cars
- Willie Nelson, Daft Punk to perform at Grammys
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis