Barbra Streisand to perform at 2013 Oscars
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Barbra Streisand has a date with Oscar. The two-time Academy-Award winner will sing at the upcoming Oscars telecast next month.
She last sang on the show in 1977, the year she won the best original song award for "Evergreen," the love theme from "A Star is Born."
Oscar producers said in an evening that celebrates movies and music, how could the evening be complete without an icon like Streisand?
Streisand won her first Oscar for best actress in "Funny Girl" in 1968 and was nominated again in 1973 for lead role in "The Way We Were."
With the big night quickly approaching, play the My Picks game to choose who you think will win in each award category.
Have a smart phone or tablet? Download the free official Oscars app to get news and updates about the show. It's available for Apple, Android and Kindle devices.
The Oscars, hosted by Seth MacFarlane, will air live on ABC7 on Feb. 24.
celebrity, academy awards, award shows, entertainment
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- LA sheriffs rescue stranded family of seven
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma 46 min ago
- Obama addresses Morehouse College graduates
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list