Barbara Walters is out of the hospital - ABC
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Barbara Walters is recovering at home after being hospitalized for chicken pox, according to ABC.
The network says the 83-year-old Walters is resting comfortably and getting stronger. There is no word yet on when she'll return to work.
Walters went to the hospital after falling and cutting her head at a pre-inaugural party in Washington, D.C. earlier this month.
The ABC News veteran was later diagnosed with chicken pox, which typically hits people when they are children.
The disease can be serious in older people because of the possibility of complications like pneumonia.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
abc, television, entertainment
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video