Barbara Walters is out of the hospital - ABC
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Barbara Walters is recovering at home after being hospitalized for chicken pox, according to ABC.
The network says the 83-year-old Walters is resting comfortably and getting stronger. There is no word yet on when she'll return to work.
Walters went to the hospital after falling and cutting her head at a pre-inaugural party in Washington, D.C. earlier this month.
The ABC News veteran was later diagnosed with chicken pox, which typically hits people when they are children.
The disease can be serious in older people because of the possibility of complications like pneumonia.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
abc, television, entertainment
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis 23 min ago
- Pets of the Week: Chihuahua mixes Nina, Chloe
38 min ago