Mark Wahlberg, Ted set to present at Oscars
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Mark Wahlberg and his teddy bear co-star Ted will be presenters at the Oscars.
Producers of the awards show made the announcement on Friday in a statement, joking that Ted got the gig by pulling strings with Oscars host Seth MacFarlane, who voiced the character in the film, "Ted."
The statement quoted Ted saying he's very excited to present an Oscar with Wahlberg but he will be spending some time learning to pronounce Quvenzhané. Actress Quvenzhané Wallis is nominted for best actress in a leading role for her part in "Beasts of the Southern Wild."
Wahlberg has been nominated twice for Academy Awards - in 2006 for his supporting role in "The Departed" and in 2010 as a producer of "The Fighter."
With the big night quickly approaching, play the My Picks game to choose who you think will win in each award category.
Have a smart phone or tablet? Download the free official Oscars app to get news and updates about the show. It's available for Apple, Android and Kindle devices.
The Oscars will air live on ABC7 on Feb. 24.
celebrity, academy awards, award shows, entertainment
- Charges announced against sheriff's officials 2 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- 1 dead, 1 hurt in unrelated Pomona shootings
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Nelson Mandela memorial to see world leaders
- American Airlines, US Airways merger complete
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge 43 min ago
- Leighton Meester to make Broadway debut
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke