'The Avengers' cast to present at Oscars
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The star-studded cast of Marvel's "The Avengers" will present together on the Oscar stage, producers announced Wednesday.
Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Jeremy Renner and Mark Ruffalo will reunite for this year's Oscars. Many of the actors are no strangers to the Academy Awards.
Downey has been nominated for two Oscars for his role in "Chaplin" in 1992 and "Tropic Thunder" in 2008.
Jackson was nominated in 1994 for his role in "Pulp Fiction." He is also part of the cast in this year's best picture nominee, "Django Unchained."
Renner has two noms under his belt for his roles in "The Hurt Locker" in 2009 and "The Town" in 2010.
Ruffalo was nominated in 2010 for his role in "The Kids Are All Right."
Film's biggest night is quickly approaching! Play the My Picks game to choose who you think will win in each award category.
Have a smart phone or tablet? Download the free official Oscars app to get news and updates about the show. It's available for Apple, Android and Kindle devices.
The Oscars, hosted by Seth MacFarlane, will air live on ABC7 on Feb. 24.
celebrity, academy awards, award shows, entertainment
- Covina shooting: 3 injured, including minor 16 min ago
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world 42 min ago
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies 54 min ago
- Suspect injured in El Monte police shooting
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- Missing Pasadena City College hiker found
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added
- World Cup: US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple
- Banksy's 'Flower Girl' auctioned off at $209K 35 min ago
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson talks baby names (Video)