'The Avengers' cast to present at Oscars
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The star-studded cast of Marvel's "The Avengers" will present together on the Oscar stage, producers announced Wednesday.
Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Jeremy Renner and Mark Ruffalo will reunite for this year's Oscars. Many of the actors are no strangers to the Academy Awards.
Downey has been nominated for two Oscars for his role in "Chaplin" in 1992 and "Tropic Thunder" in 2008.
Jackson was nominated in 1994 for his role in "Pulp Fiction." He is also part of the cast in this year's best picture nominee, "Django Unchained."
Renner has two noms under his belt for his roles in "The Hurt Locker" in 2009 and "The Town" in 2010.
Ruffalo was nominated in 2010 for his role in "The Kids Are All Right."
Film's biggest night is quickly approaching! Play the My Picks game to choose who you think will win in each award category.
Have a smart phone or tablet? Download the free official Oscars app to get news and updates about the show. It's available for Apple, Android and Kindle devices.
The Oscars, hosted by Seth MacFarlane, will air live on ABC7 on Feb. 24.
celebrity, academy awards, award shows, entertainment
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed 3 min ago
- IE suspect found after escaping from police 27 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 28 min ago
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants