Charlize Theron to appear at Academy Awards
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Hollywood's top actors Charlize Theron, Channing Tatum, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Daniel Radcliffe have been tapped to appear at the 85th annual Academy Awards.
Producers of the award show made the announcement on Thursday in a statement and were quoted as saying they were very excited to feature them as special guests.
Actors Gordon-Levitt, Radcliffe, and Tatum will be appearing on the show for the very first time.
Theron won an Oscar for her leading role in "Monster" and was nominated for her role in "North Country" in 2005.
The actors join a star-studded lineup of Oscar presenters including "The Avengers" cast members Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson, Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner and Mark Ruffallo, returning 2011 Oscar winners Jean Dujardin, Christopher Plummer, Octavia Spencer and Meryl Streep; co-stars Mark Wahlberg and Ted; and, musical performers including Adele, Norah Jones and Barbra Streisand.
With the big night quickly approaching, play the My Picks game to choose who you think will win in each award category.
Have a smart phone or tablet? Download the free official Oscars app to get news and updates about the show. It's available for Apple, Android and Kindle devices.
The Oscars will air live on ABC7 on Feb. 24.
celebrity, academy awards, award shows, entertainment
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'