Charlize Theron to appear at Academy Awards
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Hollywood's top actors Charlize Theron, Channing Tatum, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Daniel Radcliffe have been tapped to appear at the 85th annual Academy Awards.
Producers of the award show made the announcement on Thursday in a statement and were quoted as saying they were very excited to feature them as special guests.
Actors Gordon-Levitt, Radcliffe, and Tatum will be appearing on the show for the very first time.
Theron won an Oscar for her leading role in "Monster" and was nominated for her role in "North Country" in 2005.
The actors join a star-studded lineup of Oscar presenters including "The Avengers" cast members Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson, Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner and Mark Ruffallo, returning 2011 Oscar winners Jean Dujardin, Christopher Plummer, Octavia Spencer and Meryl Streep; co-stars Mark Wahlberg and Ted; and, musical performers including Adele, Norah Jones and Barbra Streisand.
With the big night quickly approaching, play the My Picks game to choose who you think will win in each award category.
Have a smart phone or tablet? Download the free official Oscars app to get news and updates about the show. It's available for Apple, Android and Kindle devices.
The Oscars will air live on ABC7 on Feb. 24.
celebrity, academy awards, award shows, entertainment
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4 11 min ago
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments