Grammy Awards 2013: Mumford & Sons, Gotye, fun. win big
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Music's biggest stars were at the Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles Sunday for the Grammy Awards.
The group fun. took home best new artist, in something of an upset over Frank Ocean, and song of the year for "We Are Young," featuring Janelle Monae.
Ocean didn't win in the major categories, but took home two trophies, including best urban contemporary album.
Other big winners included Gotye, who took home three awards, including record of the year for "Somebody That I Used To Know."
Mumford & Sons also won big, taking home the top prize of album of the year for "Babel."
Taylor Swift opened the show with her song, "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together."
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, music news, award shows, entertainment
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour