Grammy Awards 2013: Mumford & Sons, Gotye, fun. win big
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Music's biggest stars were at the Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles Sunday for the Grammy Awards.
The group fun. took home best new artist, in something of an upset over Frank Ocean, and song of the year for "We Are Young," featuring Janelle Monae.
Ocean didn't win in the major categories, but took home two trophies, including best urban contemporary album.
Other big winners included Gotye, who took home three awards, including record of the year for "Somebody That I Used To Know."
Mumford & Sons also won big, taking home the top prize of album of the year for "Babel."
Taylor Swift opened the show with her song, "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together."
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, music news, award shows, entertainment
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy