Grammy Awards 2013: Mumford & Sons, Gotye, fun. win big
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Music's biggest stars were at the Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles Sunday for the Grammy Awards.
The group fun. took home best new artist, in something of an upset over Frank Ocean, and song of the year for "We Are Young," featuring Janelle Monae.
Ocean didn't win in the major categories, but took home two trophies, including best urban contemporary album.
Other big winners included Gotye, who took home three awards, including record of the year for "Somebody That I Used To Know."
Mumford & Sons also won big, taking home the top prize of album of the year for "Babel."
Taylor Swift opened the show with her song, "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together."
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, music news, award shows, entertainment
- Secret Service probe Target security breach 38 min ago
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen 29 min ago
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 films to be preserved
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds