Oscars 2013: 'Chicago' stars reuniting to present at show on 10th anniversary of win
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- The stars of "Chicago" will reunite on the Oscars stage to present awards at this year's show, producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron announced Monday.
"Chicago" won the best picture Oscar 10 years ago. Renee Zellweger, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Richard Gere and Queen Latifah will all join together to commemorate the win.
"We are very excited to reunite the stars of 'Chicago' to present on the Oscars, on the 10th anniversary of the movie's win for best picture," Zadan and Meron said in a statement.
Jones and Queen Latifah were also nominated for their supporting roles in the film, and Jones took home the Oscar that year.
Zellweger was also nominated for her lead performance in the film. She is a three-time Oscar nominee, and also won in 2003 for her supporting role in "Cold Mountain."
The "Chicago" cast joins an impressive list of previously announced Oscar presenters, including Mark Wahlberg, Ted, and "The Avengers" cast members Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson, Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner and Mark Ruffalo. Last year's Oscar winners Jean Dujardin, Christopher Plummer, Octavia Spencer and Meryl Streep will also return as presenters.
Adele, Dame Shirley Bassey, Norah Jones and Barbra Streisand will all perform, and all the fanfare will be led by funnyman Seth MacFarlane.
Don't miss the Oscars, airing live on ABC7 Sunday, Feb. 24, from the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center.
Who do you think will take home an Oscar this year? Play the MyPicks game to choose who you think will win, and don't forget to challenge your friends on Facebook.
celebrity, movie news, academy awards, entertainment
- Man allegedly shoots, kills sister, wife 54 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend 36 min ago
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients 2 min ago
- House GOP signal support for budget deal 4 min ago
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Mega Millions jackpot to soar to $400 million
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms 19 min ago
- OTRC: Demi Lovato's cocaine, alcohol confessions