Oscars 2013: 'Chicago' stars reuniting to present at show on 10th anniversary of win
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- The stars of "Chicago" will reunite on the Oscars stage to present awards at this year's show, producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron announced Monday.
"Chicago" won the best picture Oscar 10 years ago. Renee Zellweger, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Richard Gere and Queen Latifah will all join together to commemorate the win.
"We are very excited to reunite the stars of 'Chicago' to present on the Oscars, on the 10th anniversary of the movie's win for best picture," Zadan and Meron said in a statement.
Jones and Queen Latifah were also nominated for their supporting roles in the film, and Jones took home the Oscar that year.
Zellweger was also nominated for her lead performance in the film. She is a three-time Oscar nominee, and also won in 2003 for her supporting role in "Cold Mountain."
The "Chicago" cast joins an impressive list of previously announced Oscar presenters, including Mark Wahlberg, Ted, and "The Avengers" cast members Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson, Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner and Mark Ruffalo. Last year's Oscar winners Jean Dujardin, Christopher Plummer, Octavia Spencer and Meryl Streep will also return as presenters.
Adele, Dame Shirley Bassey, Norah Jones and Barbra Streisand will all perform, and all the fanfare will be led by funnyman Seth MacFarlane.
Don't miss the Oscars, airing live on ABC7 Sunday, Feb. 24, from the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center.
Who do you think will take home an Oscar this year? Play the MyPicks game to choose who you think will win, and don't forget to challenge your friends on Facebook.
celebrity, movie news, academy awards, entertainment
- Artesia hit-run accident leaves woman dead
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- Protests against Monsanto held around world
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Communications satellite launched into space
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Eye on LA reveals sizzling hot summer guide