Halle Berry, Sandra Bullock, Nicole Kidman, and Reese Witherspoon to present at 2013 Academy Awards
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Oscar winners Halle Berry, Sandra Bullock, Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon will be among the presenters at the 85th annual Academy Awards, producers announced Wednesday.
All four Hollywood starlets have previously won the award for Best Actress.
Berry's film credits include "X-Men," "Gothika," "Catwoman" and "Cloud Atlas." The Cleveland native won an Oscar for her performance in the 2001 American romantic drama "Monster's Ball".
Bullock is best known for her roles in successful films such as "Demolition Man," "Miss Congeniality," "The Net" and "Crash." Her role as caring mother Leigh Anne Tuohy in the sports drama film "The Blind Side" earned her an Academy Award in 2009.
Kidman will also join the two talented ladies on the Academy Award stage. The Australian-American actress won the Best Actress award for her performance as Virginia Woolf in the drama film "The Hours."
Witherspoon earned praise and recognition from the Academy Awards for her portrayal of June Carter Cash in the 2005 biographical drama film "Walk the Line."
The four actresses join the list of previously announced Oscar presenters including Mark Wahlberg, Ted and "Marvel's The Avengers" cast members Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson, Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner and Mark Ruffalo.
Last year's Oscar winners Jean Dujardin, Chrstopher Plummer, Octavia Spencer and Meryl Street will return as presenters.
"Chicago" cast members Richard Gere, Queen Latifah, Renee Zellweger and Catherine Zeta Jones will also be presenting at the Academy Awards, as well as special guests Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Daniel Radcliffe, Channing Tatum and Charlize Theron.
Adele, Dame Shirley Bassey, Norah Jones and Barbra Streisand will perform at the show.
The 2013 Academy Awards ceremony takes place on Sunday, Feb. 24 at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles and will air live on ABC7. The event will be hosted by Seth MacFarlane.
Who do you think will take home an Oscar this year? Play the MyPicks game to choose who you think will win, and don't forget to challenge your friends on Facebook.
celebrity, movie news, academy awards, entertainment
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money 40 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 2 min ago
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station 3 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 1 min ago
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed 42 min ago
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...