Kim Kardashian divorce: May court date set
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Kim Kardashian now has a May court date for her divorce from NBA player Kris Humphries.
A judge set a May 6 trial date on Friday for the reality TV star, who wants to end her marriage before July, which is when her child with boyfriend Kanye West is due.
Kardashian filed for divorce in October 2011 after 72 days of marriage. Humphries claims the televised nuptials were based on fraud. One of Humphries' attorneys said on Thursday that he was still seeking evidence from several companies that produce Kardashian's reality shows to try to prove their fraud claims.
The trial is expected to last three to five days and could reveal details about Kardashian's reality show empire, which includes "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" and several spinoffs.
The Brooklyn Nets power forward had wanted the case to remain on hold until the basketball season was over. But two judges determined on Friday that Humphries' lawyers had adequate time to prepare for the trial.
Humphries wants the marriage annulled based on his claim that Kardashian only married him for the sake of her show. She denies that allegation and says the case should be resolved through what would be her second divorce.
Humphries has provided a deposition in the case, as have West and Kardashian family matriarch Kris Jenner.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, protest, entertainment
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse 48 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 46 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts