Conn. woman in labor rushed to hospital in sled
Naugatuck, Conn. (KABC) -- Buried in three feet of snow, a woman went into labor and was rushed to the hospital with the help of a sled!
The wild ride started on Sunday after a massive blizzard blanketed the Northeast with record snowfall.
Lauri Wood, 42, was having contractions, so her husband came up with an idea. With the help of friends and neighbors, James Wood put his wife onto a friend's homemade sled and started the long trip down a steep hill.
"I was completely out of breath while I was pulling her and I was just hoping that I didn't pass out on the journey cause it was, it was not easy," James said.
It took the group nearly 40 minutes to finally make it to a waiting car.
Shortly after arriving at the hospital, Lauri gave birth to a little seven-pound, ten-ounce snowman, thanks to her friends and that sled.
"I thought pulling me through the snow was a crazy idea to begin with but obviously it worked," Lauri said.
The Wood's' named their son Jimmy.
unbelievable, snow, entertainment
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)