Conn. woman in labor rushed to hospital in sled
Naugatuck, Conn. (KABC) -- Buried in three feet of snow, a woman went into labor and was rushed to the hospital with the help of a sled!
The wild ride started on Sunday after a massive blizzard blanketed the Northeast with record snowfall.
Lauri Wood, 42, was having contractions, so her husband came up with an idea. With the help of friends and neighbors, James Wood put his wife onto a friend's homemade sled and started the long trip down a steep hill.
"I was completely out of breath while I was pulling her and I was just hoping that I didn't pass out on the journey cause it was, it was not easy," James said.
It took the group nearly 40 minutes to finally make it to a waiting car.
Shortly after arriving at the hospital, Lauri gave birth to a little seven-pound, ten-ounce snowman, thanks to her friends and that sled.
"I thought pulling me through the snow was a crazy idea to begin with but obviously it worked," Lauri said.
The Wood's' named their son Jimmy.
unbelievable, snow, entertainment
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 40 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months