Conn. woman in labor rushed to hospital in sled
Naugatuck, Conn. (KABC) -- Buried in three feet of snow, a woman went into labor and was rushed to the hospital with the help of a sled!
The wild ride started on Sunday after a massive blizzard blanketed the Northeast with record snowfall.
Lauri Wood, 42, was having contractions, so her husband came up with an idea. With the help of friends and neighbors, James Wood put his wife onto a friend's homemade sled and started the long trip down a steep hill.
"I was completely out of breath while I was pulling her and I was just hoping that I didn't pass out on the journey cause it was, it was not easy," James said.
It took the group nearly 40 minutes to finally make it to a waiting car.
Shortly after arriving at the hospital, Lauri gave birth to a little seven-pound, ten-ounce snowman, thanks to her friends and that sled.
"I thought pulling me through the snow was a crazy idea to begin with but obviously it worked," Lauri said.
The Wood's' named their son Jimmy.
unbelievable, snow, entertainment
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists'
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants