Conn. woman in labor rushed to hospital in sled
Naugatuck, Conn. (KABC) -- Buried in three feet of snow, a woman went into labor and was rushed to the hospital with the help of a sled!
The wild ride started on Sunday after a massive blizzard blanketed the Northeast with record snowfall.
Lauri Wood, 42, was having contractions, so her husband came up with an idea. With the help of friends and neighbors, James Wood put his wife onto a friend's homemade sled and started the long trip down a steep hill.
"I was completely out of breath while I was pulling her and I was just hoping that I didn't pass out on the journey cause it was, it was not easy," James said.
It took the group nearly 40 minutes to finally make it to a waiting car.
Shortly after arriving at the hospital, Lauri gave birth to a little seven-pound, ten-ounce snowman, thanks to her friends and that sled.
"I thought pulling me through the snow was a crazy idea to begin with but obviously it worked," Lauri said.
The Wood's' named their son Jimmy.
unbelievable, snow, entertainment
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget deal
- $50K reward announced in murder of 7-year-old
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- Man burns to death, may have been stealing gas
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- SD man charged in 'revenge porn' site case
- Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- abcnews: Alleged cow abuse at DiGiorno supplier
- Bariatric surgery improves health over years 43 min ago
- US Navy sailor surprises family on ABC comedy
- Gabor Xmas party to go on amid spending fight
- OTRC: Kate Winslet, Ned RocknRoll welcome baby
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
31 min ago