Emmy Rossum explores her dark side in 'Beautiful Creatures'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The new movie "Beautiful Creatures" is based on a best-selling book. The film features actress Emmy Rossum, who finds her way to the "dark side."
In "Beautiful Creatures" Emmy Rossum is part of a family of witches -- some good, some evil.
The film is based on the first in a series of popular young adult novels.
Emmy's role is both sexy and sinister.
"I feel like my characters make me bolder than I ever might have been if I hadn't played them," said Emmy. "I mean, everything that I do in 'Shameless,' to this movie, I like to humanize the dark side.
"I wasn't offered this role as it is," said Emmy. "I auditioned. I love this part. I read the script and fell in love with the character and then I just blew my way through the first book and read it and loved it and auditioned."
"Beautiful Creatures" explores a world of witches, or "casters" as they prefer to be called here, in a world we're not used to seeing.
We have seen, however, what's happened when other young adult-driven books hit it big on the big screen: namely "Twilight." Things can get crazy for the stars who appear in them.
"I don't think anybody wants that part of it. I love the books. I love the series. I love the characters. So I would be happy to play more of her but I don't think anyone coverts that kind of thing," says Emmy. "No."
"Beautiful Creatures" is rated PG-13.
movie news, celebrity, entertainment, george pennacchio
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 12 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery 57 min ago
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
47 min ago