Emmy Rossum explores her dark side in 'Beautiful Creatures'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The new movie "Beautiful Creatures" is based on a best-selling book. The film features actress Emmy Rossum, who finds her way to the "dark side."
In "Beautiful Creatures" Emmy Rossum is part of a family of witches -- some good, some evil.
The film is based on the first in a series of popular young adult novels.
Emmy's role is both sexy and sinister.
"I feel like my characters make me bolder than I ever might have been if I hadn't played them," said Emmy. "I mean, everything that I do in 'Shameless,' to this movie, I like to humanize the dark side.
"I wasn't offered this role as it is," said Emmy. "I auditioned. I love this part. I read the script and fell in love with the character and then I just blew my way through the first book and read it and loved it and auditioned."
"Beautiful Creatures" explores a world of witches, or "casters" as they prefer to be called here, in a world we're not used to seeing.
We have seen, however, what's happened when other young adult-driven books hit it big on the big screen: namely "Twilight." Things can get crazy for the stars who appear in them.
"I don't think anybody wants that part of it. I love the books. I love the series. I love the characters. So I would be happy to play more of her but I don't think anyone coverts that kind of thing," says Emmy. "No."
"Beautiful Creatures" is rated PG-13.
movie news, celebrity, entertainment, george pennacchio
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten 57 min ago
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- Man shot to death in Boston bombing probe
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- Big rig, truck collide in Pomona; 2 killed
- Body positively identified as missing hiker
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans killed by drones 23 min ago
- UK attack driven by radical Islam - officials
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' finale