Jermaine Jackson changes surname to Jacksun
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Jermaine Jackson has a new name. A Los Angeles judge approved the change of the singer's last name to Jacksun.
The former Jackson Five singer went through the legal process of changing one letter in his last name for "artistic reasons."
Jacksun says the change has nothing to do with a recent rift in his family over the care of Michael Jackson's children and family matriarch Katherine Jackson.
His attorney says Jacksun is in Europe performing with his brothers and told him that he was sure it was "a sunny day in California."
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 7 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed 30 min ago
- IE suspect found after escaping from police 54 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 55 min ago
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video 24 min ago
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants