Jermaine Jackson changes surname to Jacksun
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Jermaine Jackson has a new name. A Los Angeles judge approved the change of the singer's last name to Jacksun.
The former Jackson Five singer went through the legal process of changing one letter in his last name for "artistic reasons."
Jacksun says the change has nothing to do with a recent rift in his family over the care of Michael Jackson's children and family matriarch Katherine Jackson.
His attorney says Jacksun is in Europe performing with his brothers and told him that he was sure it was "a sunny day in California."
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- 4 stabbed in parking lot after Broncos game
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son