Jermaine Jackson changes surname to Jacksun
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Jermaine Jackson has a new name. A Los Angeles judge approved the change of the singer's last name to Jacksun.
The former Jackson Five singer went through the legal process of changing one letter in his last name for "artistic reasons."
Jacksun says the change has nothing to do with a recent rift in his family over the care of Michael Jackson's children and family matriarch Katherine Jackson.
His attorney says Jacksun is in Europe performing with his brothers and told him that he was sure it was "a sunny day in California."
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 57 min ago
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4 44 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries 29 min ago
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar 13 min ago
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts