Joy Behar leaving 'The View' after 16+ years
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Joy Behar announced Thursday that she is leaving "The View" at the end of this season after more than 16 years on the show.
Behar, 70, was one of the original cast members of "The View" when the show premiered in Aug. 11, 1997.
"Joy Behar has been instrumental in the success of 'The View' from the very beginning. We wish her all the best in this next chapter, and are thrilled that we have her for the remainder of the season," ABC said in a statement.
Aside from co-creator Barbara Walters, Behar is the last original cast member of the talk show.
"There are other things on my plate I want to do - I've been writing a play, I've been neglecting my standup," she said in an exclusive interview with Deadline.com.
Behar's shows on HLN and Current TV are soon coming to an end, and it has been rumored that she is in talks to have her own show on CNN.
television, abc, entertainment
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58 27 min ago
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 8 min ago
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members 10 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 1 min ago
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour