Joy Behar leaving 'The View' after 16+ years
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Joy Behar announced Thursday that she is leaving "The View" at the end of this season after more than 16 years on the show.
Behar, 70, was one of the original cast members of "The View" when the show premiered in Aug. 11, 1997.
"Joy Behar has been instrumental in the success of 'The View' from the very beginning. We wish her all the best in this next chapter, and are thrilled that we have her for the remainder of the season," ABC said in a statement.
Aside from co-creator Barbara Walters, Behar is the last original cast member of the talk show.
"There are other things on my plate I want to do - I've been writing a play, I've been neglecting my standup," she said in an exclusive interview with Deadline.com.
Behar's shows on HLN and Current TV are soon coming to an end, and it has been rumored that she is in talks to have her own show on CNN.
television, abc, entertainment
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter