TV host of 'Rifleman's Journal' shot, killed
WHITEFISH, Mo. (KABC) -- The host of a TV gun show was shot and killed Thursday by another man in an apparent jealous rage in Montana.
Police said 43-year-old Gregory G. Rodriguez, host of The Sportsman Channel's "A Rifleman's Journal," died in the northwestern town of Whitefish when he was shot while visiting the shooter's wife.
Whitefish Police Chief Bill Dial said that 41-year-old Wayne Bengston shot Rodriguez at about 10:30 p.m. at the home of his wife's mother. Dial said Bengston then beat his wife, took his 2-year-old son to a relative's house and drove to his home about 25 miles away in West Glacier, where he killed himself. Dial said Bengston's wife was treated at a hospital and released that night.
Dial said they believe Rodriguez and Bengston's wife did not have a romantic relationship. He said Rodriguez and the woman, who works for a firearms manufacturer, met at a trade show and struck up a casual relationship.
Rodriguez traveled the world in search of big game and shared his adventures on his program. He is survived by his wife, Lisa, and two children. In a statement issued Saturday, the family said he was in Montana on a business trip.
The Sportsman Channel says it's deeply saddened by the shooting death.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
shooting, celebrity, famous death, entertainment
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program 9 min ago
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 39 min ago
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged 51 min ago
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed
- Dana Point woman fights to keep chickens
57 min ago