TV host of 'Rifleman's Journal' shot, killed
WHITEFISH, Mo. (KABC) -- The host of a TV gun show was shot and killed Thursday by another man in an apparent jealous rage in Montana.
Police said 43-year-old Gregory G. Rodriguez, host of The Sportsman Channel's "A Rifleman's Journal," died in the northwestern town of Whitefish when he was shot while visiting the shooter's wife.
Whitefish Police Chief Bill Dial said that 41-year-old Wayne Bengston shot Rodriguez at about 10:30 p.m. at the home of his wife's mother. Dial said Bengston then beat his wife, took his 2-year-old son to a relative's house and drove to his home about 25 miles away in West Glacier, where he killed himself. Dial said Bengston's wife was treated at a hospital and released that night.
Dial said they believe Rodriguez and Bengston's wife did not have a romantic relationship. He said Rodriguez and the woman, who works for a firearms manufacturer, met at a trade show and struck up a casual relationship.
Rodriguez traveled the world in search of big game and shared his adventures on his program. He is survived by his wife, Lisa, and two children. In a statement issued Saturday, the family said he was in Montana on a business trip.
The Sportsman Channel says it's deeply saddened by the shooting death.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
shooting, celebrity, famous death, entertainment
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done 7 min ago
- Playa del Rey home break-in caught on camera 34 min ago
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false 41 min ago
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February 7 min ago
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine' 14 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry