Motley Crue singer Vince Neil hospitalized for kidney stones
SYDNEY, Australia (KABC) -- Motley Crue singer Vince Neil has been hospitalized for kidney stones after excruciating pain caused the rocker to walk off stage during a show in Sydney, Australia.
The 52-year-old frontman was in the middle of a performance Sunday when his internal pain became too much to bear. His manager, Allen Kovac, said Neil was transported to a nearby hospital by ambulance where he underwent a CT scan.
According to Kovac, Neil will be undergoing surgery to have his kidney stones removed.
The band has planned to continue on without Neil. The group's next Australian tour stop is scheduled for Brisbane on Tuesday.
Bandmates Nikki Six and Mick Mars have since tweeted apologies for the short show.
"Sydney, my apologies for a short set this evening. Vince had an attack of kidney stones," guitarist Mars tweeted. "He went straight from stage to hospital."
"Sorry Sydney for a short set tonight but Vince had to be rushed to the hospital for internal pain," bassist Sixx tweeted. "Will update you on his progress."
celebrity, music news, entertainment
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 34 min ago
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal 2 min ago
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County 56 min ago
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour