Ashley Judd to run for Kentucky Senate seat?
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (KABC) -- There is widespread speculation that actress Ashley Judd is very close to announcing her bid to become the next U.S. Senator from Kentucky.
Despite the fact the actress has remained silent thus far, a GOP political action committee has already taken out ads attacking Judd for living in Tennessee, not in her home state of Kentucky.
ABC News is among those reporting that Judd is set to announce her democratic candidacy against Senate Republican incumbent Mitch McConnell. The timing, however, remains unclear.
Judd, a professed Obama supporter and international humanitarian, has never run for office before.
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide 38 min ago
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive 10 min ago
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing 27 min ago
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy 56 min ago