Ashley Judd to run for Kentucky Senate seat?
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (KABC) -- There is widespread speculation that actress Ashley Judd is very close to announcing her bid to become the next U.S. Senator from Kentucky.
Despite the fact the actress has remained silent thus far, a GOP political action committee has already taken out ads attacking Judd for living in Tennessee, not in her home state of Kentucky.
ABC News is among those reporting that Judd is set to announce her democratic candidacy against Senate Republican incumbent Mitch McConnell. The timing, however, remains unclear.
Judd, a professed Obama supporter and international humanitarian, has never run for office before.
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants