'Bachelor' star Sean Lowe joins cast of 'Dancing With The Stars'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Sean Lowe, the latest star of "The Bachelor," has joined the cast of "Dancing With The Stars," it was announced on ABC's "Good Morning America" on Tuesday.
The news came the morning after it was revealed on the 17th season finale of "The Bachelor" that Lowe proposed to Catherine Giudici, a 26-year-old graphic designer from Seattle. The couple said they plan to televise their wedding.
"We don't have a date yet, but we have decided that we think it would be cool, since our relationship started and it was developed and cultivated on a TV show -- we'll have our wedding on a TV show," Lowe said.
But before the wedding, the 29-year-old businessman from Dallas will compete for the mirror ball trophy with partner Peta Murgatroyd. Other celebrities on the upcoming season include Grammy-award winning country star Wynonna Judd, comedian Andy Dick, Olympic legend Dorothy Hamill, comedian D.L. Hughley, "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star Lisa Vanderpump, boxer Victor Ortiz, teen actor and singer Zendaya Coleman, "General Hospital" star Ingo Rademacher, Olympic gymnast Aly Raisman, American Idol finalist Kellie Pickler and Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Jacoby Jones.
"Dancing With The Stars" premieres Monday with a two-hour premiere, beginning at 8 p.m., on ABC7. The first elimination will be at the end of week two.
dancing with the stars, television, celebrity, entertainment
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- UK attack driven by radical Islam - officials
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- Bill proposed to reduce night airport noise
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- Okla. tornado tore through 13,000 buildings
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans killed by drones
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- Curious about caviar? Class available in WeHo
- Virgin tops, Spirit flops in airline survey
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised