Disney to release new Mickey Mouse cartoons
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Mickey Mouse is making his return to the animated world with a new series of comedy cartoons, his first new short cartoons in 50 years.
The iconic 85-year-old character is going back to his roots for 19 different cartoon shorts. Mickey gets a retro look closer to his original 1928 design.
He'll be appearing in settings including Santa Monica, Paris, Tokyo, Venice, Beijing and New York.
The series will begin airing this summer on the Disney Channel, Disney.com and Disney Channel online apps. The new episodes will debut on June 28.
Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy and Pluto will all make guest appearances.
Mickey Mouse, Burbank-based Disney's biggest star, got his start in 1928 in the short "Steamboat Willie."
Watch Mickey in Paris in the new short "Croissant de Triomphe".
Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks