'Jurassic Park 4' in the works; Colin Trevorrow to direct
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Plans are moving forward on a fourth film in the "Jurassic Park" series.
Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment announced on Thursday that Colin Trevorrow will direct the latest installment.
Trevorrow made his directorial debut with last year's "Safety Not Guaranteed." Steven Spielberg helmed the first two films and will serve as executive producer.
"Jurassic Park 4" is expected to hit theaters next June. Meantime, the original "Jurassic Park" is headed back to theaters in a 3-D release April 5.
The dinosaur franchise has grossed $1.9 billion at the box office worldwide since the first film was released in 1993.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
movie news, entertainment
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- Sitting still for hours raises blood clot risk
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son
- Cool Kid visits seniors at retirement home
38 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
27 min ago