Morrissey cancels N. American tour due to illness
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Morrissey has canceled the remainder of his North American tour dates citing health concerns.
In a statement, the British singer's representative says he needs to take a break after suffering a series of maladies.
The Smiths former front band has suffered a number of ailments including double pneumonia, a bleeding ulcer and a gastrointestinal problem called Barrett's esophagus.
"Despite his best efforts to try to continue touring, Morrissey has to take a hiatus and will not be able to continue on the rest of the tour," his spokeswoman said.
Fans whose shows were canceled can get refunds where they bought their tickets.
In the meantime, Morrissey is thanking his fans for their well wishes.
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 34 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 45 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment 11 min ago
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis