Morrissey cancels N. American tour due to illness
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Morrissey has canceled the remainder of his North American tour dates citing health concerns.
In a statement, the British singer's representative says he needs to take a break after suffering a series of maladies.
The Smiths former front band has suffered a number of ailments including double pneumonia, a bleeding ulcer and a gastrointestinal problem called Barrett's esophagus.
"Despite his best efforts to try to continue touring, Morrissey has to take a hiatus and will not be able to continue on the rest of the tour," his spokeswoman said.
Fans whose shows were canceled can get refunds where they bought their tickets.
In the meantime, Morrissey is thanking his fans for their well wishes.
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college 41 min ago
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies 16 min ago
- Two men arrested in Simi Valley car thefts
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors