Russian hacker website with US celebrity credit reports disappears
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Russian website that released the alleged credit reports of several American celebrities and politicians disappeared Tuesday.
Hackers had published what were said to be stolen credit reports for rapper Kanye West, first lady Michelle Obama and LAPD Chief Charlie Beck among others last week. Twenty-nine reports were published.
Earlier this week the site published "our final message" saying the content was for "entertainment and laughs." The message signed off with "from Russia with love."
Russian Internet executives were investigating the site. If the site's contact information was falsified, they said last week, that would allow them to shut the site down.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, technology, entertainment
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage 37 min ago
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez's sexy new music video
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
22 min ago