Lindsay Lohan's lawyer accused of witness tampering, report says
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The lawyer who represented Lindsay Lohan in her lying-to-cops case is reportedly under investigation for suspicion of witness tampering.
According to CNN, Santa Monica police are investigating New York lawyer Mark Heller on suspicion of asking Lohan's personal assistant to lie in his testimony by saying he had control of the Porsche when it crashed into a dump truck on Pacific Coast Highway last June. Heller calls the claims "ridiculous."
Last week, Lohan pleaded no contest to reckless driving and lying to police who were investigating the accident.
She was sentenced to 90 days in a locked-in drug rehab facility. She also has to serve 30 days of community labor and 18 months of psychological counseling.
celebrity, legal, entertainment
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts 1 min ago
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones 16 min ago
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD 14 min ago
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard 59 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
5 min ago