Justin Bieber's neighbor accuses singer of battery, threats
CALABASAS, Calif. (KABC) -- Sheriff's deputies were called to Justin Bieber's Calabasas home after a neighbor accused the singer of battery and making threats.
All the L.A. County Sheriff's Department will say is that they responded to a call to Bieber's Calabasas home Tuesday morning to investigate an altercation between the 19-year-old singer and a neighbor at 9:08 a.m.
"I can't go into the nature of the call, but it had to do with allegations of a battery and threats made by Mr. Bieber on one of his neighbors," sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said. "It could very well turn out to be just a dust-up, don't know yet."
No one was arrested in the incident. It was unclear who called authorities. The wife of the neighbor who got into an altercation with Bieber said, "He's a punk. He thinks he's invincible. He can't continue to have a bunch of enablers around him. It was a very unpleasant and upsetting situation. We are a close-knit, family oriented community and we will not tolerate this kind of craziness."
The sentence in California for a conviction on misdemeanor battery ranges from a fine to up to a year in county jail.
"A battery, the definition, is unwanted touching, so it could be anything," Whitmore said.
Online schedules indicate the "Baby" singer is in the midst of a European tour and performed a show in Poland on Monday night.
In recent years, the Canadian singer has been constantly chased by paparazzi while publicly morphing from an almost angelic mop-topped teen to an adult battling a bad boy image.
Recently, Bieber lashed out at paparazzi and lunged at one photographer as members of the singer's entourage held him back.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, entertainment, sid garcia
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 2 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- CA DMV mulls how to regulate driverless cars
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 28 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons