Richard Griffiths, 'Harry Potter' actor, dies at 65
LONDON (KABC) -- "Harry Potter" fans are remembering Richard Griffiths, who played the boy wizard's unsympathetic Uncle Vernon in the popular film series. He has died at the age of 65.
Griffiths' agent said the British actor died Thursday from complications following heart surgery.
Griffiths has appeared in dozens of films and TV shows. He's also known for his onstage performance in Alan Bennett's "The History Boys," as well as in "Equus" with "Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe.
Radcliffe on Friday said he is "proud" to have known Griffith.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, famous death, entertainment
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax 7 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured 23 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million 2 min ago
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- Google Glass raises public privacy concerns
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments