Richard Griffiths, 'Harry Potter' actor, dies at 65
LONDON (KABC) -- "Harry Potter" fans are remembering Richard Griffiths, who played the boy wizard's unsympathetic Uncle Vernon in the popular film series. He has died at the age of 65.
Griffiths' agent said the British actor died Thursday from complications following heart surgery.
Griffiths has appeared in dozens of films and TV shows. He's also known for his onstage performance in Alan Bennett's "The History Boys," as well as in "Equus" with "Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe.
Radcliffe on Friday said he is "proud" to have known Griffith.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, famous death, entertainment
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis