Richard Griffiths, 'Harry Potter' actor, dies at 65
LONDON (KABC) -- "Harry Potter" fans are remembering Richard Griffiths, who played the boy wizard's unsympathetic Uncle Vernon in the popular film series. He has died at the age of 65.
Griffiths' agent said the British actor died Thursday from complications following heart surgery.
Griffiths has appeared in dozens of films and TV shows. He's also known for his onstage performance in Alan Bennett's "The History Boys," as well as in "Equus" with "Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe.
Radcliffe on Friday said he is "proud" to have known Griffith.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, famous death, entertainment
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
25 min ago