'General Hospital' celebrates 50 years on TV
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The ABC daytime drama "General Hospital" celebrated its 50th anniversary Monday.
April 1, 1963 marked the first time viewers checked in with the show. Cast members past and present of the Emmy-winning drama toasted the milestone March 8 with cake and champagne.
The celebration allowed "General Hospital" veterans to reflect on the show's longevity.
"It means that the show has been entertaining people for two generations. It's a great honor to be on this show, and particularly at this time," said Anthony Geary, who plays Luke Spencer.
"This is it, we made it," said Genie Francis, who plays Laura. "Not only did we make it, we are coming back. Our ratings are up, we are strong. We're thrilled."
For the coming year, "General Hospital" will offer fans plenty of storyline surprises.
"General Hospital" airs weekdays at 1 p.m. on ABC7.
television, abc, entertainment
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area 8 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping 3 min ago
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
48 min ago