Hallmark Channel to debut 'Kitten Bowl'; will rival 'Puppy Bowl'
NEW YORK (KABC) -- The big matchup on Super Bowl Sunday could be puppies versus kittens.
Hallmark Channel announced Friday it is introducing an annual "Kitten Bowl" that will air opposite of the big game.
The show, debuting Feb. 2, will be a three-hour showcase of feline agility, but the network says any form of cuteness is key to the game.
Cat contenders will be recruited from animal shelters. The prize will be a loving home for the orphaned animals.
But that means pet lovers will have to choose between "Kitten Bowl" and Animal Planet's "Puppy Bowl," which has been on air for years.
"Kitten Bowl" will air at 12 p.m. ET, then encore twice immediately after.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
animal news, television, entertainment
- Funeral service underway for LAPD Officer Lee 11 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- Malaysia plane search widens into Andaman Sea 25 min ago
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Kim Kardashian wears sister Kylie's bikini