Hallmark Channel to debut 'Kitten Bowl'; will rival 'Puppy Bowl'
NEW YORK (KABC) -- The big matchup on Super Bowl Sunday could be puppies versus kittens.
Hallmark Channel announced Friday it is introducing an annual "Kitten Bowl" that will air opposite of the big game.
The show, debuting Feb. 2, will be a three-hour showcase of feline agility, but the network says any form of cuteness is key to the game.
Cat contenders will be recruited from animal shelters. The prize will be a loving home for the orphaned animals.
But that means pet lovers will have to choose between "Kitten Bowl" and Animal Planet's "Puppy Bowl," which has been on air for years.
"Kitten Bowl" will air at 12 p.m. ET, then encore twice immediately after.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
animal news, television, entertainment
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 18 min ago
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted 23 min ago
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler