Kevin Hart arrested on suspicion of DUI in LA
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Comedian Kevin Hart was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving after he allegedly failed a field sobriety test Sunday.
The 33-year-old was booked for misdemeanor DUI around 5:59 a.m. after he was pulled over by police on Highway 101.
According to the CHP, Hart was driving his black Mercedes erratically at speeds reaching over 90 miles per hour and nearly crashed into a gas tanker.
The Pennsylvania native addressed the incident on his Twitter page Sunday following his release.
"When the cop asked me to take the sobriety test I said 'WHY WASTE OUR TIME .... I'M DRUNK MAN' .... #TrueStory," Hart tweeted.
The comedian shortly said there was nothing laughable about driving drunk.
"This is a wake up call for me, I have to be smarter & last night I wasn't .... everything happens for a reason," he added.
Hart is best known for his stand-up specials and his role in several movies including "Think Like A Man" and "The Five-Year Engagement."
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, arrest, dui, entertainment
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break