Kevin Hart arrested on suspicion of DUI in LA
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Comedian Kevin Hart was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving after he allegedly failed a field sobriety test Sunday.
The 33-year-old was booked for misdemeanor DUI around 5:59 a.m. after he was pulled over by police on Highway 101.
According to the CHP, Hart was driving his black Mercedes erratically at speeds reaching over 90 miles per hour and nearly crashed into a gas tanker.
The Pennsylvania native addressed the incident on his Twitter page Sunday following his release.
"When the cop asked me to take the sobriety test I said 'WHY WASTE OUR TIME .... I'M DRUNK MAN' .... #TrueStory," Hart tweeted.
The comedian shortly said there was nothing laughable about driving drunk.
"This is a wake up call for me, I have to be smarter & last night I wasn't .... everything happens for a reason," he added.
Hart is best known for his stand-up specials and his role in several movies including "Think Like A Man" and "The Five-Year Engagement."
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, arrest, dui, entertainment
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- 2 people shot in Reseda, LAPD says 16 min ago
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
6 min ago