Ben Affleck to get honorary doctorate from Brown
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (KABC) -- Oscar-winner Ben Affleck will soon be able to add an honorary fine arts degree to his long list of achievements.
The actor and director is among six artists, writers, scientists and educators selected to receive honorary degrees from Brown University next month.
The Ivy League Rhode Island school says Affleck will receive a doctorate of fine arts during commencement exercises May 26. The Massachusetts native directed, produced and starred in "Argo," which won this year's Oscar for Best Picture.
Others getting honorary doctorates are author and MIT Professor Junot Diaz; retired Stanford University bacteriologist Stanley Falkow; Tougaloo College President Beverly Wade Hogan; medical doctor and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation President Risa Lavizzo-Mourey; and Miami Dade College President Eduardo Padron.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights 42 min ago
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hrs after contact drop
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report