Jane Fonda cements prints at TCL Chinese Theatre
HOLLYWOOD (KABC) -- Jane Fonda solidified her impression on Hollywood Saturday.
The 75-year-old Oscar winner and fitness pioneer placed her hand and footprints in cement next to her father's outside Hollywood's TCL Chinese Theater.
"What is particularly meaningful to me is that I'm going to be right next to my dad, right over there and I can feel his presence right now," said Fonda during the ceremony. "And he used to say 'Jane, don't let this town walk all over you'. Well dad, right now the town can walk all over both of us forever," she said.
The honor is a reflection of Fonda's career, which hasn't slowed since she returned to acting in 2005 following a 15-year hiatus.
Fonda also presented a special screening of the 1981 film she made with her dad, Henry Fonda, known as "On Golden Pond."
Fonda won the first of her two best actress Oscars in 1972 for her portrayal of a New York City prostitute who assists a detective played by Donald Sutherland in the search for a missing Pennsylvania corporate executive played by Robert Milli. Her second came in 1979 for the Vietnam War-era drama "Coming Home."
Fonda received four other best actress Oscar nominations -- "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?" "Julia," "The China Syndrome" and "The Morning After" and a best supporting actress nomination for "On Golden Pond."
The hand and footprint ceremony and cinematic tribute was part of the 2013 TCM Classic Film Festival, which is honoring Fonda.
Fonda has two films set to be released later this year, "The Butler," where she portrays former first lady Nancy Reagan, and "Better Living Through Chemistry."
Grauman's Chinese Theatre was recently purchased by Chinese electronics firm TLC, resulting in a name change.
CNS contributed to this report.
celebrity, hollywood, entertainment
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis